Letters from the CEO
Additional Measures Taken at IPS locations
- IPS has established a Prevention and Response Team to monitor and provide guidance.
- Each IPS facility has established a written Avoidance and Preparation Plan.
- We are providing daily updates to our employees through FAQs and prevention recommendations.
- All nonessential travel has been banned.
- All facilities are conducting a mandatory disinfecting shut-downs in order to deep-clean and sanitize all work surfaces.
- We are ensure a clean workplace, including the regular cleaning and disinfecting of objects and areas that are frequently used, such as bathrooms, break rooms, conference rooms, door handles and railings. Ongoing disinfection schedules will be implemented by each facility
- We are installing alcohol-based hand sanitizers throughout the workplace, near common keyboards, and in common areas.
- All employees have been asked to self-monitor their temperature
- Managers are ensuring proper cleaning and sanitizing products and gloves are stocked and readily available.
- Managers are immediately posting and distributing all updated postings and guidelines from HR.
- Managers will continue to update employees at least weekly, even if new information is not released by HR.
- Managers are ensuring information and updates are shared with all remote and outside employees.
- Managers will ensure that cleaning plans and contingency plans are ready to be initiated if a workplace incident occurs.
- Managers will contact corporate HR immediately if an employee is confirmed or suspected to have COVID-19.
IPS Coronavirus (COVID-19) Policy
We are responsible for providing a safe and healthful workplace for our employees. In response to the recent outbreak and continued spread of COVID-19 IPS has established a Prevention and Response Team to monitor and provide guidance as we take proactive measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Non-employee access to all IPS facilities should be limited to essential business need until further notice.
This policy applies to all employees of IPS.
All IPS business related travel outside of North America is banned until further notice. Exceptions for critical customer need may be authorized by the Sr. VP of HR or the CEO following a thorough review.
All trade-show, conference, training or similar event attendance is banned until further notice.
All domestic air travel requires prior approval by Mark DuBose until further notice.
The following preventive measures are in place until further notice:
All non-essential visitor, subcontractors and IPS sellers, are not allowed in IPS facilities. Business essential visitors and subcontractors must complete the IPS Visitor COVID-19 questionnaire prior to entering the facility.
Deliveries and delivery drivers should be restricted to designated receiving areas only.
IPS employees should refrain from shaking hands until further notice.
Employee meetings should be limited to critical business need and social distancing guidelines should be followed.
If you are planning international travel you are asked to monitor the COVID-19 risk in the area. Current travel alerts and recommendations can be found on the CDC website, www.cdc.gov. If you choose to travel to a high-risk area you will not be allowed to return to work until the end of the 14-day incubation period, even if you are not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
You are asked to postpone personal cruise ship travel. If you choose to travel by cruise, you will be required to complete a 14-day period of self-quarantine and be symptom free before returning to work.
If you believe you may have been exposed to COVID-19 notify your supervisor and do not report to work. Contact your healthcare provider immediately.
If you test positive for COVID-19, do not return to work until you have been released by your physician or have been symptom and fever free for 72-hours without the use of fever-reducing medications and at least 7 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
Anyone who exhibits symptoms of an infectious disease is prohibited from reporting to work until they are symptom and fever free for 72-hours without the use of fever-reducing medications.
If you, or any member of your household, has been in close contact with someone outside of work who has suspected or confirmed COVID-19 illness, do not report to work and notify your supervisor. You may be asked not to return to work for 14-days from the date of last contact.
For any extended illness, you may be eligible for protected Medical Leave and short-term disability income replacement benefits. Call the HR Service Team at 864-451-5606 for more information.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Coughing and sneezing
- Difficulty breathing
Our managers and company leaders are responsible for immediately reporting any suspected case of COVID-19 to Headquarters HR.
There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus. However, as a reminder, everyday recommended prevention actions can help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
We will continue to monitor the situation and adjust this policy as necessary.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact the HR Team at 864-451-5606 or firstname.lastname@example.org.