IPS AC & DC Electric Motor and Generator Repair Services
IPS service centers total over 1,000,000 sq. ft.
IPS repair services include testing, repair and rewinds for small, large and extra-large AC & DC electric motors, generators, and mechanical and electronic components. We offer authorized warranty repair with in-house coil manufacturing and CNC parts manufacturing to maintain single-source control over our quality and lead times.
IPS reliability engineers and technical specialists have industry-specific experience with electric motor and generator repair, troubleshooting, electrical testing and rewinding.
Our coast-to-coast AC & DC motor and generator repair
- VPI tanks at every IPS regional service center, including the largest operation VPI tank (14’ diameter) in a North American service center
- Motor test stands in every IPS service center, including the largest test stand (up to 37,500 HP at 15 kV) in a North American service center
- Largest burnout oven in North America
- Computerized 500 kVA core loss tester capable of
core testing up to 30,000 HP
- Dedicated clean winding rooms
- Premium VPI engineered insulation systems (up to 15 kV) with
industry-leading 5-year warranties
- Dedicated CNC facility for precision machined parts
- Dedicated, cost-competitive small motor department for motors <= 690V
- Motor repair thru 80,000+ HP /15 kV and 10,000+ HP / 1,000 VDC
All IPS regional service centers operate under one documented service standard for safety, quality, repair procedures and commercial terms. IPS Lean, our culture of continuous improvement, drives our industry-leading quality and delivery in repair services. This company-wide commitment has its roots in the continuous improvement program that Toyota used to become the world’s number one car manufacturer. We’ve refined the basic principles of Lean for our service environments, with the idea of removing waste from our processes, use of space and inventories.
You can learn more about IPS Lean here. To see continuous improvement in action during a shop tour, contact the IPS regional service center closest to you.