Electric Motor Storage & Maintenance
Storage of small critical spare motors
IPS offers professional long term storage and asset management of large and small critical rotating assets, including electric motor storage and critical spares. We can manage and maintain your spare electric motors to increase reliability and lower your maintenance costs.
IPS regional service centers have over 25 years of experience storing critical assets, including small, large and extra large electric motor and generators throughout several warehouses in the United States. These warehouses feature up to 55-ton lifting capacity, temperature and humidity-controlled environments, free of resonant vibrations to protect bearings and offers 24/7 on-call service for fast shipment. IPS repair technicians perform monthly shaft rotation and Megger™ windings on a quarterly basis.
IPS motor storage and management includes the following services to support your plant MRO and asset management programs:
- 24/7 on-call service for fast shipment
- IPS rewind warranties start at time of shipment
- Delivery of critical spares plus installation and alignment
- Spare part management
- Full documentation on motor inventory and maintenance history customized to your specifications
- Additional regular maintenance upon request, such as nitrogen purges on equipped motors, energizing space heaters and MCE testing.
To learn more about how IPS asset storage reduces unplanned downtime and capital investment in inventory, contact your regional IPS service center or contact us.
- IPS Beaumont Motor Storage Datasheet (PDF)
- IPS Birmingham Motor Storage Datasheet (PDF)
- IPS Houston Motor Storage Datasheet (PDF)
- IPS Philadelphia Motor Storage Datasheet (PDF)
- IPS Shreveport Motor Storage Datasheet (PDF)
Above NEMA critical spare motors