IPS "Big Iron" Capabilities
Large and Extra Large AC & DC Motor and Generator Repair Services
14' VPI Tank - Largest in a U.S. service center
Testing up to 37,500 HP up to 15 kV
- Largest test stand in a U.S. service center
Largest burnout oven in a U.S. service center
IPS is the leading independent provider of repair and maintenance services for “Big Iron” — large and extra-large electric AC & DC motors and large and extra-large generators. We have more ways to test, repair, rewind, remanufacture and reverse engineer heavyweight electric motors and generators than anyone in the business, with extensive experience in the removal and installation of large, highly engineered applications.
Our regional service centers give us both local presence and a coast-to-coast service footprint, with the ability to scale quickly for regional and national support. Each IPS regional service center has a test stand and is a portal to IPS coast-to-coast resources, including heavy-duty lifting capability, high-voltage VPI rewinds and B-stage hard coils.
Electric Motor & Generator Rewind Technologies
IPS offers three of the industry’s leading rewind technologies for electric motors and generators. Our premium engineered VPI insulation systems come with an industry-leading 5-year warranty. Their superior performance improves efficiency ratings and often permit design uprates. In addition to electrical performance improvements, mechanical modifications to enclosures, brackets, shafts, seals and bearings are available.
— Our premium high-voltage VPI insulation systems for HV motors and generators up to 15 kV. Available on stators up to 14’ in diameter.
— Our premium medium-voltage VPI rewind for motors up to 6.9 kV operating in severe conditions and harsh duty environments.
— Our premium B-stage hard coil rewind designed for large and extra-large motors and generators. Ideal for onsite rewinds of turbine and hydroelectric generators, or stators greater than 14’ in diameter that are too large for VPI processing.
IPS "Big Iron" resources for large AC & DC electric motors
and generators include:
- In-shop and on-site motor repair up to 80,000+ HP
- 14 Ft. VPI — 100% epoxy resin
- 145-ton lifting capacity
- Dynamic balance stand up to 100,000 lbs.
- No load testing up to 37,500 HP
- Load testing up to 4,500 HP
- Run testing to 15 kV or 1,000 VDC
- Core loss test — 500 kVA up to 30,000 HP
- Vibration & modal analysis
- Motor Circuit Evaluation
- Doble® and Partial discharge
- EL CID and Corona probe
- IEEE 429 Water Immersion Testing to 13.8 kV
- IEEE 1043 Voltage Endurance
- UL® and CSA certification
- Stator repair — stator and rotor restacking
- AC & DC motor redesign and uprating
- On-site preventive and predictive services
- On-stie installation, commissioning and repair
- Pickup & delivery services
For more information on our “Big Iron” capabilities, talk to your regional IPS sales representative or contact us.
145-ton lifting capacity - (107-ton DC armature arrives at IPS Cleveland in Cleveland, OH)