Benefits Information Hub
Come back often to see what’s new!
Mon – Fri
Medical, Dental and Vision Plans: No plan changes.
Financial Advisor through NFP
IPS employees now have access to an NFP Financial Advisor for help understanding how your IPS 401(k) benefit plan! This resource is available to all IPS employees.
Phone: 800.493.1981, ext. 32345
InsurChoice powered by NFP
InsurChoice powered by NFP makes shopping for home, auto and other insurance policies easy. Work with an NFP insurance specialist, for free, to get competitive quotes today. This service is available to all IPS employees.
Health Advocate – Expanded Benefits
In addition to Health Advocacy benefits, IPS employees can now reach out to Health Advocate for EAP support and assistance with shopping around for care.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP): The IPS Employee and Family Assistance Program is now through Health Advocate! Health Advocate offers the right support at the right time. EAP services are available to all IPS employees and their family members.
Health Cost Estimator+: Employees enrolled in an IPS Medical Plan have access to Health Advocate’s Health Cost Estimator+ tool. This tool helps you and your family members shop around for the best prices on medical care.
Get a head start on the Open Enrollment process by reviewing your information in IPS Connect (through ADP) IPS Connect. Login today to review your current benefit elections, personal information, beneficiary setup, and more.
Having trouble logging into IPS Connect?
Try using the “Forgot Your User ID” or “Forgot Your Password?” features or contact the HR Team.”
Navigating IPS Connect
Review and Update Your Personal Information
Myself > My Information > Profile to…
- Upload a photo to your profile
- Review and update Primary Home Address
- Review and update Personal Contact Information
- Review and update Emergency Contact Information
Review current benefit elections:
Myself > Benefits > Enrollments
Add Dependent(s) and/or Beneficiary Information:
Myself > Personal Information > Dependents & Beneficiaries
Review 401k plan, including beneficiary:
Myself > Benefits > Retirement Savings
Once in the 401k system, use the tool bar on the left to select My Account > Manage My Beneficiaries.
Coinsurance – The percentage paid for a covered service, shared by you and the plan, once you have met your deductible. You are responsible for coinsurance until you reach your plan’s annual out-of-pocket maximum.
Co-payment – The fixed dollar amount that you pay for specific medical services.
Deductible – The amount you pay each calendar year before the plan begins paying benefits. Not all covered services are subject to the deductible. For example, the deductible does not apply to preventive care services. If you enroll in the Consumer Driven Plan, full prescription costs apply to your deductible.
Out-of-Pocket Maximum – The maximum you’ll pay for healthcare expenses in a calendar year.
Emergency Room Care – Care received at a hospital emergency room for life-threatening conditions.
In-Network Care – Care provided by contracted doctors within the plan’s network of providers. This enables participants to receive care at a reduced rate compared to care received from out-of-network providers.
Out-of-Network Care – Care provided by a doctor or at a facility outside of the plan’s network. Your out-of-pocket costs may increase, and services may be subject to balance billings.
Preventive Care – Routine healthcare, including annual physicals and screenings, to prevent disease, illness, and other health complications. In-network preventive care is covered at 100%.
Telehealth – Provides 24/7 access to a licenses physician by phone or live via phone or tablet.
Urgent Care – Visit urgent care for sudden illnesses or injuries that are not life-threatening. Urgent care centers are helpful when care is needed quickly to avoid developing more serious pain or issues.
Premium – The amount you pay through payroll deduction for benefit enrollments.
Evidence of Insurability – a record of past and current health evens used by insurance providers to verify whether a person meets the definition of good health.
Group Term Life (GTL) Tax – Employees must pay tax on the amount of the Company-paid premium for life insurance coverage amounts in excess of $50,000. This is called “imputed income” and is reflected in your paycheck each payday in the “memo” section of your pay stub. The IRS establishes the cost per month for each additional $1,000 of coverage based on age.
What should I do if I have a qualifying life event and need to make changes outside of Open Enrollment?
- Notify HR within 31 days of the event
- Evidence of the event will be required
What is the dependent verification process?
- You will be required to provide documentation that shows the dependent(s) enrolled is considered a lawful dependent(s)
- You will receive a letter in the mail that outlines what documentation is acceptable for each type of dependent
What is a lawful dependent?
- A lawful spouse
- A child under your care who is under the age of 26
- A child in your care over the age of 26, who is legally disabled, and the disability occurred before the age of 26
- A dependent appointed by the court
When does Open Enrollment occur?
- Open Enrollment is typically held in November
How do I find in-network providers for Medical, Dental & Vision?
- Medical – https://myhealthtoolkit-connect.werally.com/medicalProvider/root
- Dental – www.my.cigna.com
- Vision – www.my.cigna.com
- Contact Health Advocate:
- Health Advocate can quickly help you find an in-network provider in your area and make an appointment
- Phone: 866-799-2728
- Website: www.healthadvocate.com/members
Will I receive ID cards for each plan enrollment?
- Medical – BlueChoice mails your ID card to the home address listed in IPS Connect (through ADP)
- Download the BlueChoice My Health Toolkit app for easy access to your medical ID card
- Vision – Cigna mails your ID card to the home address listed in IPS Connect (through ADP)
- Dental – you will not receive a dental card. Let your dental provider know that you have coverage under Cigna. Contact the HR Team if more information is needed.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) – a debit card is mailed to your address on file
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) – a debit card is mailed to your address on file
Are there any pre-existing condition limitations for medical insurance?
What medical plans does IPS offer?
- Consumer Driven Plan
- Copay Plan
Are the same services covered on both medical plans?
Where can I see what prescription drugs are covered?
- Log into the BlueChoice membership portal to navigate to OptumRX
- You can see covered drugs, best pricing based on your medial plan enrollment, schedule mail order and more.
What does a tiered copay mean for pharmacy drugs on the Copay Plan?
- On the Copay medical plan, each prescription drug is assigned a tier (1 through 6) and has a corresponding price based on the tier that it has been assigned.
If I enroll in the employee + child(ren) or employee + family tier, how many children can be enrolled on the plan / will a certain number raise my premium?
- There is currently no cap on the number of children that can be added or a rise in premium associated with a certain number of children. However, dependent verification will be completed for each dependent enrolled.
What are tax-advantaged accounts?
- Tax-Advantage means your contributions are considered pre-tax deductions and may lower your taxable earnings. IPS offer two types of accounts:
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
How do I qualify for a tax-advantage account?
- HSA – must be enrolled in the Consumer Driven Plan
- FSA – must be enrolled in the Copay Plan or not enrolled in a IPS medical plan
How do I contribute to my tax-advantaged account?
- Contributions are made by payroll deduction and direct deposited into your tax-advantage account
How can I use my tax-advantage account?
- These accounts are used to cover the cost of qualified health expenses including prescription medications, and also includes some over-the-counter items as well.
- Visit the provider websites to find out more. (link to the benefit resources page on the website)
What happens if I don’t use the money I’ve contributed by the end of the year?
- HSA – your contributions will rollover from year to year. HSA funds can be invested. Learn more here: https://www.hsabank.com/hsabank/members/hsa-investment-options
- FSA – the IRS use it or lose it rule applies. Maximum rollover amount is $500/year – any amount over $500 will be forfeited
What are Short-Term (STD) and Long-Term (LTD) disability coverages for?
- When you are sick or injured (outside of work), STD may replace lost income earnings temporarily until you can return to work.
- If your disability is prolonged, LTD provides income replacement benefits while you remain disables, generally up to normal retirement age.
What do I need to do if I ever have to use my STD/LTD disability benefits?
- Inform your supervisor
- Contact the HR Team for details on how to initiate your leave claim and what information will be required by the STD/LTD provider
How much does STD/LTD coverage cost?
- The cost of this coverage is calculated based on your yearly income before overtime and bonuses. Please see IPS connect for your exact cost.
Are payments guaranteed if I am out on leave?
- Cigna must approve your claim prior to benefits being paid out.
Is there a direct deposit option for Cigna payments?
- Yes! Ask your Cigna claim manager for more details.
How long does it take Cigna to decide for approval or denial if I have to complete and submit an EOI form?
- The time can vary due to when you submit your form and what follow-up information Cigna may need. Once you’ve submitted your form, you can call Cigna for updates.
Beneficiary & Dependent – what’s the difference?
- A BENEFICIARY is a person who you elect to collect monetary benefits in the event of your passing
- A DEPENDENT is someone who relies on your enrollment(s) for insurance coverage(s)
What information do I need to add a beneficiary in IPS Connect?
- Full Name
- Relation to You
- Phone Number
What information do I need to add a dependent in IPS Connect?
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number (required by benefit providers to process claims)
- Relation to You
What does primary and contingent/secondary beneficiary mean?
- Your primary beneficiary is who your benefits will be paid to first in the event of your passing. Your secondary beneficiary is who your benefits will be paid to in the event of your passing and in the case where it is impossible for benefits to also be paid to your primary beneficiary.
How many beneficiaries can I have?
- You may have as many beneficiaries as you’d like in both the primary and the contingent/secondary classification. You will however need to divide the benefit in percentages between each that you elect ensuring that the total is 100%.
Basic Life Insurance vs. Voluntary Life Insurance:
- Basic – coverage provided by IPS at no cost to you
- Voluntary – you may elect additional coverage for yourself in addition to the IPS coverage
What does ‘guarantee issue amount’ mean for voluntary life insurance?
- The maximum amount of coverage provided under the voluntary life insurance policy without having to provide Evidence of Insurability
How much does voluntary life insurance cost?
- The cost of this coverage is calculated based on your annual base earnings and age. Base earnings exclude overtime and bonus payments. Please see IPS connect for your exact cost.
Does AD&D only cover a work-related accident?
- AD&D coverage does not require the accident to occur at work for payment.
Could my beneficiaries receive payment from both my life insurance coverage & AD&D insurance if something happens to me?
- Yes, this is possible.
What is Evidence of Insurability?
- Evidence of Insurability (EOI) is a record of a person’s past and current health events. It’s used by insurance companies to verify whether a person meets the definition of good health.
When is EOI required?
- If a coverage amount is elected over the guaranteed issue amount
- For all new enrollment requests during the Open Enrollment period
How does EOI work?
- A member of the HR Team will initiate the EOI process
- Employees complete and submit the EOI health questionnaire to Cigna
- Cigna reviews and determines if the requested benefit is approved or denied
When is my benefit effective if EOI is required?
- Coverage will not be effective until the date of Cigna’s approval
- Payroll deductions begin once the election has been approved
Can I move money from another 401k account into my account with IPS?
- Contact a member of the HR Team for a copy of the Rollover form.
What is the difference between pre-tax and Roth 401k accounts?
- Pre-Tax – your contributions are pre-tax. You will pay taxes on these contributions when you begin to withdrawal funds.
- Roth – your contributions are taxed at the time you contribute. You will not pay additional taxes on this money.
Are my 401k beneficiaries and my life/AD&D insurance beneficiary the same?
- No! Please login to your ADP 401k accounts to review and/or setup your beneficiary.
What is LifeLock plus Norton?
- LifeLock plus Norton is an identity protection service. LifeLock will monitor your personal information as well as accounts, etc. to ensure that you and you only are using your information. They also have anti-virus software that you can install on your electronic devices to further protect yourself.
What is the difference between LifeLock benefit essential and LifeLock benefit premier?
- There are 3 main differences between the two:
- Benefit essential
- 1 credit bureau monitoring
- 10 GB of cloud backup space
- Antivirus protection for up to 3 devices
- Benefit premier
- 3 credit bureau monitoring
- 50 GB of cloud backup space
- Antivirus protection for up to 5 electronic devices
- Benefit essential
Is a personal e-mail account required for LifeLock coverage?
- LifeLock requires a personal e-mail account on file. All communications will be sent directly to this e-mail address.
What information is needed to add family members to LifeLock coverage?
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number (required by benefit providers to process claims)
- Relation to You
How do I take advantage of the Tuition Reimbursement Program?
- Review the IPS Tuition Reimbursement Policy, located on IPS Connect (through ADP)
- Discuss your education goals with your supervisor
- Your supervisor will discuss with the HR Team for approval
Provider: BlueChoice Health Plan
My Health Toolkit Website: https://www.bluechoicesc.com/member-center
Phone: South Carolina: 800-868-2528
Outside South Carolina: 800-810-2583
Phone: 800-493-1981 ext: 32345
Provider: Health Advocate
Provider: New York Life formerly Cigna
LifeMart through IPS Connect:
LifeMart offers 100s of discounts that help you save time and money on the things you want most, from every day needs to one-of-a-kind purchased. You’ll find a large selection of discounts on products and services from brands you know and love. Plus, great savings on Hotels, Car Rentals, Electronics, Groceries, Gyms, Food Services, Child Care and much more!
Log into IPS Connect or download the LifeMart mobile app to access savings today!
Navigate to Myself > Benefits > Employee Discounts – LifeMart
The Active&Fit Direct Program
Home or gym? Stay active either way!
Find a fitness center or stay active at home!
The Active & Fit Direct program provides:
- 11,000+ fitness centers, with the ability to change anytime
- 2,500+ digital workout videos so you can work out at home or on-the-go
- A variety of workout classes available anytime on YouTube and Facebook, even before you enroll
- 200 digital workouts at no-cost before enrollment
- Activity tracking with 250+ wearable trackers and apps
- One-on-one lifestyle coaching in areas such as fitness, nutrition, stress, and sleep
- No long-term contract
All for just a $25 enrollment fee, $25 a month fee and applicable taxes.
Blue365 through BlueChoice Health Plan:
Blue365 offers premier health and wellness discounts and if free to join. These exclusive discounts are available to members of the BlueChoice Health Plan.
Blue365 Discount Highlight
Don’t have enough time to cook? There’s a healthy solution for that. Nutrisystem delivers delicious, healthy food right to your door so you don’t have to worry about food preparation. Nutrisystem’s My Way 4-week auto-delivery plans include a variety of menu options to accommodate your preferences and keep you satisfied – all without the hassle of counting calories.
Whether you are looking to lose weight or just eat healthier, Nutrisystem has options that are right for you. The company offers a variety of plans for all life stages. So be ready for a personal boost to help you succeed.
You must purchase two months up front to get the 50% discount. You will continue to receive 50% off all further purchases.
Hello Fresh Discount Code:
New This Year! Take the stress out of mealtime. Receive $105 off over the course of your first five boxes with Hello Fresh! Use promo code IPSHF2022 to get started today!
Verizon Wireless Discount:
IPS Employees are eligible for a 17% discount with Verizon Wireless.
Contact the HR Team
Feel free to contact the HR Team by phone, e-mail, or via the booking tool to schedule a one-on-one meeting!
- HR Service Line: 864.451.5606
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Booking Tool: Click HERE to schedule a one-on-one meeting
Got a Question or Comment for the HR Team?
Enter your question or comment below to have a HR representative contact you back within 72 hours.